Friday, March 27, 2009

Smell, Simple.




Sleep. One of lifes small durable pleasures. On the train to college, curled up in a snug little ball, at 6am in the morning, i try to get as much sleep as possible. My head, rocks back and forth, to the hum of the wheels on the train. My body slowly slipping, into a floating vessel of peace. I can feel my body sink deep into the soft seats of the train, the delicious smell of lemon morning detergent, gently tickles my senses to sleep....



Immersed deep into my dreams, i get intouch with the the playful sense of smell. A lady's breeze's past me, finding a seat, the delicate hairs in my nose are aroused. The power of scent is profoundly moving. The ladys perfume smells of lilles. The smell, as sweet and devilish as candy, in that fleeting second, it somehow manages to seep deep inside the cracks of your brain, and then just like that it is gone, the lady moves through the train, taking the smell with her, my mind forever holding onto the frail delicious scent.

Everynow and again, we forget about the little things, that bring us together, that make us stop and wonder, and step back in awe. Take a day this week, were you stand beside yourself, and get intouch with your senses and emotional side, you'll find, there is so much beauty and luminosity in your average day.

No comments:

Post a Comment